Country Rose Castile Liquid Soaps are plain and simple: just like nature intended. Available in non-organic or organic 100% pure olive oil varieties we are also pleased to offer the additional option of our Olive and Castor Oil Castile Liquid Soap where a small amount of castor oil has been added to the formulation for its extra moisturizing properties in that castor oil acts like a humectant, drawing moisture to the skin when it comes to hand or body cleansing or to the scalp in shampooing applications.
Country Rose Soap Company is committed to making TRUE CASTILE SOAP the traditional way, by hand, using pure olive oil. True castile soaps are the mildest and moisturizing of all soaps... so mild and gentle, in fact, that even newborn babies can safely use them.
That being said, it is noteworthy to reflect on the fact that all "CASTILE" soaps are not created equal. Today, much liquid soap is marketed as castile soap, but on closer inspection one will see it is often not made from 100% olive oil or a pure olive oil and castor oil variant. Instead, these "castile" soaps often contain coconut or palm oils, and perhaps even other additives or surfactants -- ingredients or additives that are often problematic for the sensitive consumer with allergies.
Using traditional soap making techniques, our products are made for our company, by our company. At Country Rose Soap Company, we are proud to make and offer a true 100% pure olive oil castile liquid soap containing 2 simple ingredients: saponified olive oil and distilled water. That's it -- plain and simple -- just like nature intended. And for those who desire a little extra moisturizing option for bath or hair care, we employ those same small batch, hand made soap making techniques to product our pure olive and castor oil variety.
Devoid of harsh foaming ingredients, our castile liquid soaps will not produce a lot of sudsy lather, BUT they will effectively AND gently clean skin, hair, laundry, dishes, hard surfaces, floors, bathtubs... almost anything you can think of. Our soaps even makes a great spot remover on soiled clothing.
Completely biodegradable and as mild as they come Country Rose Castile Liquid Soap is suitable for newborns, those with chemical sensitivities or allergies, as well as for individuals suffering from eczema, psoriasis, and Celiac disease. Gluten free and 100% Vegan, Country Rose Castile Liquid Soap is plain and simple, just like nature intended.
These are just a few ways you can use our soap:
- Everyday body washing.
- Use diluted for light cleaning in a spray bottle.
- Use full strength for heavy duty grease cutting -- our Lemongrass scented variety leaves a nice, clean scent.
- Use as a shampoo. Note: give yourself time when switching over to liquid castile soap as a shampoo as it takes some time for your hair to adjust to not using chemicals anymore. See additional tips in our blog post on Tips and Info on Making the Switch to a Natural Castile Shampoo Option."
- For laundry. See our tips in our "Recipes" section. Spot treat stains with our solid castile soap bar or with a bit of liquid castile soap applied directly to the stain... let soak for awhile.
- Dilute and pour into a foam pump bottle for facial cleansing. Please refer to our blog post on "How to Use Your Foam Pump Bottle" to learn how to care for your foamer.
- Camping/Travellers/Backbackers: an all in one go to for hand soap, body wash, shampoo, toothpaste, dishwashing. The addition of tea tree or peppermint essential oil will help ward off bug bites.
- Pet wash: use to wash pets, but keep out of eyes.
- Baby Shampoo: use diluted; keep out of eyes.
- An excellent shaving soap.
- Use a few drops mixed in warm water to rinse pesticides from fruits and vegetables.
- Make your own natural pesticide for plants (please see our "Recipes" section).
- Use to wash baby's diapers -- no rash.
- Make you own baby wipes wash spray (please see our "Recipes" section).
- Bubble bath / Baby bath: pour one capful into running water.
- Foot soak: add a capful to a basin of warm water to soak tired, sore feet. Try adding a couple drops of peppermint and/or tea tree essential oils.
- To clean hard surface floors. Please refer to our "Recipes" post for more details.